At Brickhouse Gym, your safety is important to us. To ensure safe practices in our facility, below are our safety standards. Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to speak with any team member.
Brickhouse Gym Safety Standards
- Members must be 14 years old, and Guests must be 18 years old to use the facility – ID may be requested.
- Please ensure that you check-in at the gym front desk or side entrance and scan your RFID key fob. Failure to check-in will result in denial of access/workout in Brickhouse Gym.
- All members must remain clothed at all times, please wear appropriate exercise attire at all times. Proper athletic shoes are also required. Casual clothing is NOT allowed. Includes No jeans, jean shorts. No open-toed shoes, open-backed shoes, boots, sandals, or casual shoes are allowed. Failure to dress appropriately will result in denial to workout.
- Please do not disrupt or interfere in another member’s workout.
- Yelling, horseplay, profanity, racist or sexist comments will NOT be tolerated.
- Please observe proper personal hygiene by showering regularly, wearing clean clothing, and using deodorant.
- Please wipe down all equipment after use. Members must bring their own cardio and shower towels; Brickhouse Gym does not provide them.
- Personal items are NOT permitted on the gym floor. Please keep your valuables in lockers.
- Eating or drinking on the gym floor is not permitted. Except for shakers/water bottles.
- Weight plates are NOT to be leaned against equipment stands, walls, or machines. Please replace weights after use.
- Dumbbells and weight plates cannot be dropped on the floor.
- Only Brickhouse Gym approved Personal Trainers and Technicians are permitted to provide instruction on exercise technique or equipment preparation and adjustments. No outside Personal Trainers are allowed.
- Report all equipment malfunctions, personal injuries, and specific concerns immediately to the team members.
- Please NO use of chalk or other powders or scents.
- Members and Guests are not permitted to bring their own equipment into the gym without approval.
- The use of camera/video-enabled devices is strictly prohibited in change rooms and washrooms. The use of camera/video-enabled devices in all other areas of the facility is allowed provided it is for personal use only, does not disrupt the activity of others, and is in accordance with the Code of Conduct and posted Safety Standards. Please be respectful of others: avoid capturing others in the background of photos and make phone calls/send texts in the common areas.
- Written permission from Brickhouse Gym is required before capturing any images or video for professional or commercial use within the facility.
- Members who participate at Brickhouse Gym will be doing so at their own risk. Brickhouse Gym is not responsible for any injury that may occur to individuals participating in any exercise activity. Participation in exercise activity is on a voluntary basis.
It is the member’s responsibility to follow all posted rules and safety standards. Please ask the staff on duty if you have any questions or need assistance.
Membership Revocable Offenses
All members are expected to be professional and curious, please also respect others’ right to privacy and human rights. Any member caught taking photos of others without consent will be immediately terminated. Harassment towards other members and staff/trainers will be zero tolerance.